Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Day to Parents and a Love Poem

Much to be happy about today and lately. I am truly blessed. Just a quick note today. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers. Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mothers. May was a busy month for Hubs and I, and this month has just been busy with life. I've wanted to write and just haven't done it. I am just lazy.

May is Hubs and mine's month of celebration. It is my birthday, which lands on or around Mother's day. Then Hubs and I celebrate our anniversary. Then Hubs' birthday falls a week later. It is a month of happy togetherness with lots of love and all things good.

So first a shout out to the fathers in my life. To Hubs' dad: You are very kind and patient. You raised an awesome son, and taught him well in the gospel and in life. I enjoy visiting with you, and you are an awesome example to me. We love you.

To my dad: You are the best dad. You have always been there for me and supported me in everything. You have been the one to chase away nightmares, and have been someone I can count on for a strong arm. You taught me how to be strong in my beliefs and faith. We love you.

To the mothers in my life: To Hubs' mom: You are amazing. I can see you love your children and do what you can to help them. You are always willing to help. You are talented. You are strong. You raised an awesome son, and taught him how to be strong. You are a great example to me. We love you.

To my mother: You are the best mom. You have always supported me and you are there for me when I need love and comfort. You are always willing to help and serve others. You are smart and talented and taught and helped me develop talents. You taught me the value and love of reading. We love you.

Now a shout out to Hubs, who is a great husband and I know will be an awesome father. I didn't do much for his birthday, or for our anniversary, but I thought it high time I wrote him a love poem. I've written poems to another guy (ugh), and for my parents, but I've never written a poem for Hubs. I wrote this on our anniversary in only a couple of hours. Normally I would spend days on a poem, so this is very rough. Still I think it turned out kind of sweet. He gave me permission to share. (I have yet to use my name or Hubs name on here. So where I say "husband" I had originally written his name. It has the same number of syllables so it doesn't throw off the rhythm. 9 syllables per line. It is not written in iambic pentameter like traditional couplets in case you were wondering.)

To Husband

To my husband, my darling dearest,
Please sit a moment at my request.

This poem is chock-full of cliches
"How do I love thee? Let's count the ways."

With much love and laughter and few tears,
together, side by side, for six years.

Abundance of spunk and full of sass,
I can't resist your charming a**.

You shield our family when matters wrong,
physical, spiritual, stalwart, strong.

Though I stumble when you sling socks,
you are my anchor and solid rock.

Building our home you are life-giving,
slaving all day earning a living.

I yearn for you when you're not near,
my heart skips a beat when you appear.

When you are with me, I feel your love
sealed by heaven's father from above.

Hand in hand we're blessed by an angel.
Here's to us and our life eternal.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment